Saturday, March 26, 2011

Stump or sculpture?



I say sculpture, but maybe not everyone appreciates stumps as much as me (by the way, I think they deserve a much cooler name than "stump").  I found this beauty while driving around late this afternoon looking for something to photograph.  I was hoping for some pretty evening light, but it got cloudy and hazy as the day went on, which made it difficult.  I finally stopped on a section of road that was higher than the surrounding forest, which was dotted with these little pools of water.  I tried some more wide shots to give a feeling of the whole place (which made me think of the "wood between the worlds") but in the dreary light it was a no go.  Luckily I found stumpy here (see, horrible name!) and did my best to capture how beautiful it was, though to do a proper job I'd probably have to head back to this spot with some waders and get a little closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment