Monday, March 28, 2011

Seedlings!



Okay, so these seedlings (and these photos) aren't very impressive, but I'm excited about the prospect of actually growing my own vegetables from seed this year and I'm tired and on my way to bed, so a few quick shots of these little guys seemed like a good solution for tonight.  I feel a little bad, I'm pretty sure these sprouted yesterday, which was a very busy day for me, but I didn't notice until this morning so they didn't get any light right away.  So they look a little leggy.  I'll have to consult my girl Gayla over at "You Grow Girl" for what to do in this situation.  I hope to post some more photos of my seedlings in a few weeks when they've grown up a bit.  (Oh, and by the way, yes these are planted in toilet paper tubes, one of the many brilliant and thrifty ideas I got from the book "Grow Great Grub".)

2 comments:

  1. Great idea for growing seedlings. Will try next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word of advice, Lisa, start saving rolls early! I didn't really think about it until a few days before starting seeds, and the recycling had just gone out, so I ended up cutting them in half.

    ReplyDelete