Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Soft Bunny


My daughter has gone through several "attachment items" in her three years, but the one picture above, dubbed Soft Bunny, may be the one to go the distance.  Lately Soft Bunny goes everywhere, and even survived being dropped and left in a parking lot for about 15 minutes until we realized it ("Mommy, where is my Soft Bunny?!) and turned around to luckily find him still there.  So when I off-handedly asked Josie what she thought I should take a picture of tonight, she suggested a portrait of her favorite plush friend.  Below is a another shot, in which Josie said Soft Bunny was saying, "Cheese!" that I include just for the cuteness factor.


By the way, my favorite thing about these photos is how you can see how well loved Soft Bunny's fur is.  I wonder what he will look like in a few years.  Makes me think of the Velveteen Rabbit.

3 comments:

  1. I love these. The tone is great and that bunny looks well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful images <3

    I had a "lovie" bunny when I was little too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you and your daughter read "Knufflebunny" by Mo Willems? It is a classic! We are big Mo fans around here, even now when my children have seemingly "outgrown" most picture books, his still crack us up. If you aren't familiar with his work, I highly recommend checking him out.

    These shots are so very sweet.

    CHEESE!

    ReplyDelete