Thursday, March 17, 2011

The joy of swinging



Finally, finally, finally, Josie and I got to go back to our favorite place this afternoon, the park!  We practically live at the park (and by "the park" I mean one of 5 or 6 of our favorite parks around the area) in good weather, so it feels like we have been waiting forever for it to be nice enough to go back.  I didn't take too many shots because I was too busy playing myself (sometimes I'm not sure who enjoys it more, me or my kid), but got a couple of neat ones while she was swinging with a look of absolute joy on her face.  I loved it when she would throw her head back and close her eyes, I remember doing exactly that as a kid.  Such a great feeling.

The skies were really dramatic this afternoon too, which is unusual for the middle of the day in the Midwest.  Never did rain, though it looked like it might for awhile.  Maybe the weather gods knew they would have to face the wrath of Josephine if they forced her to leave the park early!

2 comments:

  1. I adore pictures of children swinging. They always look so free and happy <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun the two of you had. I'm with Heather. I love photos of children swinging too.

    Glad the weather gods proved wise. :)

    ReplyDelete