Tuesday, March 8, 2011

In touch with nature


My little terrarium I made at Fernwood is doing awesome, the only down side to that is that I had to give it its first trim tonight and here is the beautiful little piece I had to cut off.  I didn't realize until after I took this shot, but you can see a bit of the dirt under my fingernails from some time spent working in my garden today (almost 50 degrees out!), so this image seems to fit with my day and where my head is at (in the garden!).  I got this great book at the library the other day, "Grow Great Grub" by Gayla Trail, who is my new hero, and have started frequenting her website www.yougrowgirl.com.  I spent today and yesterday starting a compost barrel and just generally trying to get myself and my yard geared up for the season.  I've been gardening for years but I'm approaching it from a much more scientific and methodical perspective this year.  I think I got lucky with good soil and road that train for awhile, but now I need some help.  And luckily I found it in this really great book, I would recommend it highly to any fellow gardeners out there.

1 comment: