Friday, March 4, 2011

Grey skies




Really dreary almost spring day today, one of those days when you're not sure the sun actually rose.  But, on the bright side, it was quite warm, and the although it drizzled on and off it gave everything that "spring smell".  And the birds are singing again.  I can't help but love this time of year, even though it totally toys with my emotions (a snow in April in not unheard of in these parts). 

These shots were somewhat unintended, I stopped to take some pictures of an old barn and instead became more interested in the tree branches above me.  I like how the camera was able to pick up the subtle changes in the color of the sky.  Overall, I'm actually pretty happy with these images, which is nice to say as I've been a little disappointed in myself lately.   

No comments:

Post a Comment