Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Behind the veil


I've been wanting to try some shots like this ever since I first looked at Heather's blog, which has several gorgeous shots using curtains and just the light from a window.  I like the result, though I think I'd like to try again on a day when the light is a bit more intense (cloudy, rainy day here in lovely Michigan). 

I like the ghostly/science fiction quality of this image, especially in the hand.  I imagine this being to be someone on "the other side" or some sort of clone.  Or to be more metaphorical, this could represent the veils we all hide behind; how we don't really see each other.  As I'm writing this I'm starting to think I'd like to explore this idea further.  I love that about art, how it's not linear; how you can start in one place and end up somewhere you didn't expect and also see other paths leading off in completely different directions.  It's like being an explorer. 

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Meg! I'm glad I could be an inspiration <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather's posts did the same number on me, but since I'm not a tree, odds are I'm going to find it difficult to fit into this silly-busy schedule.

    I love this. Especially your hand. Love too, exactly what you said so well...how you can start in one place and end up somewhere you didn't expect. What I love best, though, is when someone stops by and points out something I never even notice, another layer that was there the whole time but that I needed to share in order to find. That's the icing on my cupcake.

    I'm looking forward to your explorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, and your thoughts on it. I think the rainy, grey day is perfect, or at least you captured it perfectly, but I'm looking forward to further exploration!

    ReplyDelete