Saturday, January 1, 2011


This is me.  Meg.  I won't go in to too much about myself at the moment because that is not the reason I started this blog.  I am a photographer (or at least I'd like to be) and in order to improve myself as such I decided to put a little pressure on myself.  The mission:  take at least one photo every day for a year.  It sounds a little crazy now that I am actually seeing it in writing, but I've become a bit of an underachiever and I feel I could use a kick in the ass from myself (hmm, strange image). 

I thought today that a self portrait would be an appropriate and easy way to start this project.  I was wrong about the easy.  I don't consider myself very photogenic, and I'm pretty uncomfortable getting my picture taken, so after you combine those factors with the technical challenge of shooting indoors on a cloudy day this was actually pretty challenging.  But that's good, that's what I want.  I hope that this project challenges me to think differently about the images and subjects I attempt to capture.  I truly have no idea what I am going to find to photograph every day, but I'm learning that creativity comes from limits and challenges (it certainly doesn't come from sitting on your ass everyday just thinking about all the things you'd like to do, I know that from experience).

So here we go.  I'm not much of a writer, so I may not say much at times, but I'll try to provide a little commentary.  Happy New Year.

1 comment:

  1. This project is so exciting!!

    Also, you are photogenic (although I don't criticize you for feeling that way, I usually do too), and I really like the shots in the upper left and right corners.

    Although the one on the bottom perfectly encapsulates Meg. Humorous skepticism. Love it.

    ReplyDelete