Thursday, January 20, 2011

Concentration


I had something else in mind for what I might do today, but I couldn't help but grab my camera while Josie was painting today.  She was so serious about what she was doing and had such a look of concentration on her face.  It was really fascinating as her mother; I had a sort of flash of her as an adult while watching her.  And, as a plus, I took a portrait in color that I liked!  I think the key is for the other colors not to overwhelm the color of the skin.

2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful daughter. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally see what you mean about having a flash of her as an adult. She's so lovely.

    And I think you're right about portraits in color (not that I know anything about photography). The minimal color in this portrait seems to make it more open but not overwhelming. Love it.

    ReplyDelete