Saturday, January 8, 2011

Home Baked Photos




If I had an unlimited budget and 50 pounds I needed to gain, I would totally bake something everyday for a year. 

Today we were completely snowed in.  More than a foot of snow fell overnight and was still falling the first half of the day, so we decided this morning to just hunker down in the house.  I love to bake and my 2 year old daughter loves to "help", so this was the perfect stuck inside activity for us.  Unfortunately I was out of eggs, so these cookies were a bit of improv (basically brown sugar shortbread with chocolate chips), but they turned out pretty good.  As far as the photos, they're all right, but after I got them on to my computer I thought maybe it would have been better if I used my 18-55 mm lens instead of the telephoto.  Usually I like a really short depth of field, but I wasn't all that pleased with the effect in these photos.  Overall though I had a great time playing out my fantasy of writing (and of course, photographing) my own cookbook.

1 comment:

  1. Your own cookbook would be AWESOME.

    I want to eat these cookies.

    ReplyDelete