Friday, January 7, 2011

Procrastinate Now!


So, I waited until pretty late tonight to take any photos, so my options were pretty limited.  I basically wandered the house with my camera looking for anything interesting.  The only thing that caught my eye at first was the texture on the top of an old milk stool.  But then I started working with my desk chair, and I actually started getting some interesting images.  It reminded me of being in art class and doing a "study" of an ordinary object, like a chair or a piece of clothe or anything at all.  The goal was not only to improve drawing skills, but also to find something interesting about something ordinary.  It that way shooting tonight reminded me the most of drawing.  Once the chair stop being a chair and started just being an collection of shapes and textures, light and shadow, the possibilities opened up.  I actually have a ton of usable photos from tonight, but just chose the few above to post.  Finally, procrastinating pays off!

1 comment:

  1. Procrastination is the only thing I never put off.

    These are really, really cool. They'd be an awesome set of photos to put in an office or a workspace. I really like the beauty of the ordinary...it's powerful on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete