Sunday, January 9, 2011

Story Board


I was having a hard time figuring out what to photograph today.  I think that will end up being the most difficult part about this project; if it is hard after only 9 days to come up with an idea I can't imagine what it will be like a few months from now.  Eventually I landed on the idea of photographing myself again, and decided I wanted to be doing something ordinary, a part of my daily routine.  This shoot was fun just because of the technical challenge (using the tripod, remote, and flash in a semi-dark room), but I really enjoyed picking through the photos on my computer and laying them out in a mini "story" sequence.  I would definitely like to do this more.  What I would ultimately like to do with my photography is use it to tell stories of people in my community.  I've worked for a couple of different agencies serving the homeless, and what I loved most about it was meeting people I would have never otherwise had the chance to meet and hearing their stories.  And being surprised by their stories.  I think that photography could offer me the chance to share some of those stories with others, and in some small way help people understand those who at first glance seem very different from them.

1 comment:

  1. How great is this set?!

    I love the sparseness of the seres (I have no idea what the technical term for "monochromatic" is).

    I would think it would be challenging to act for a camera, even for still shots. This is impressive.

    ReplyDelete