Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cold Feet


I was cursing my new found enthusiasm for photography today as I tromped through a corn field, knee deep in snow in only my sneakers. 

I'm always noticing really cool trees, especially this time of year, so I enjoyed taking the time to photograph some.  Bare trees are probably the only thing I truly do like about winter.  I've often heard them described as "skeletal" or something else like that, but I've never felt that was an appropriate comparison.  I don't feel like I'm looking at something dead, or even something dormant, but more like I am getting a more intimate look at what a tree really is.

Actually though, my favorite photograph from today was the "Shadows of the Corn".  I think it was even worth my half frozen toes.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud at your comment about cursing your new found enthusiasm for photography. Good for you for actually doing it. I see so many cool winter pics I think I want to take, and then wimp out because of the cold. I just opened my bedroom window and took some picks of icicles, how lazy is that?! Your photos are beautiful - keep it up and maybe I'll join you.

    ReplyDelete