Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Models Needed


I really need some models.  Not that I don't love and appreciate my husband Phillip for letting me photograph him (thanks honey!), but I really need to branch out.  I find people endlessly fascinating as subjects and I'd really like to do more portraits but I'm not sure how to go about finding anyone willing to let me photograph them for this project.  I wish I weren't so mousy and shy; I wish I could just walk up to strangers and ask them to pose for me. 

I think I could start with more people in my family though, and try to capture something about them in the photo.  The photo of my husband above does just that, this pose is probably how he spends 90% of his day (he's the network administrator for the school system in our town). 


I also found this shot interesting.  I was using the tripod because I wanted the only light source to be the computer screen and therefore needed a very slow shutter speed.  Phillip did a great job holding still, but sometimes our daughter, Josephine, would run in and out of the shot in the time it took the shutter to open and close.  It made for an interesting ghost-like affect that might be fun to play with sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment