Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bedtime




Josie's favorite place to play is in our bed, and it was a lot of fun to photograph her while she jumped, read, and pretended to sleep, among other things (like kicking my butt in a pillow fight).

I seem to be on a black and white kick.  I actually really tried to keep these in color just so my last three posts wouldn't all be black and white, but I just found the color to be really distracting.  There is something very different about portraits in color and black and white, it's really hard to explain.  It's sort of a difference in volume; black and white is quieter somehow.  I'm not sure if that makes sense, but it is interesting to try to think a little more about what is behind an artistic decision.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love, love, love.

    That picture of her jumping is perfect.

    ReplyDelete