Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Boredom

I'ts probably a little hard to tell in the photos above, but I didn't just go comb my hair, I went and got a haircut.  I've been feeling extremely bored lately and so I did one of the few things I could just to change something.  Plus I hadn't cut my hair since last April, so it was sorely overdue anyway.  At least I showed some restraint and didn't do what I normally do when I get the itch for a haircut, which is just whack it all off and then spend the next year growing it out (and look like a sheep dog going through an awkward phase in the process).

My hair wasn't what I was really bored with though, I am bored with everything, including this project to be very honest.  I'm proud of myself that I haven't given up, but at the same time I am a little disappointed in my ability to make my photos a little more interested or thought provoking.  I'd really like to be more creative with what I am doing. 

So the haircut helped a little I guess, but I need to get out of this funk and stop just posting something everyday and start producing some work that I'm proud of.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog from the "365" Noah Scalin book/blog and really find inspiration and familiarity with your project. I am not doing a project that is everyday, although I relate to the creative hesitation and "boredom." sometimes I think it just comes in waves for me and even though I am not feeling pulses of creativity, I should just stick to it...but hard to do. I have little ones as well and my energy gets sucked out. So funny about the hair...just got mine cut as well from many months. totally, grow it out and chop it off. repeat. thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete