Friday, January 14, 2011

And I'll say a little mantra for you...


I know this photo is pretty similar to yesterday's, but I was interested in doing more hand photographs and this just sort of evolved out of that.  Plus I wanted to learn to use the timer on the camera, so it seemed like a good time to do this.  I'm getting tired of being my own model though, I really need to make a plan for finding more (interesting) people to photograph.

This is sort of a portrayal of me saying a mantra, though it is pretty staged so that I could get both the mala and this necklace in the photo.  I thought they made for an interesting pair, and I have actually taking to wearing this when I say my mantras.  I'm not sure why, it is something I found in an antique store and I've just felt very attached to it.  I'm not (nor have I ever been) Catholic, and I'm not sure what all the symbols mean or who the saints are that are pictured on it.  But I like it, and that is enough for me right now.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing picture. I would love to have a copy of this one to frame. It seems so "Om," just looking at it is relaxing.

    ReplyDelete