Sunday, February 13, 2011

The winds of change



Today was a pretty remarkable day for a Michigan February.  The temperature got into the upper 30's (you all in more temperate climates are probably laughing at me right now) and there was a pleasant breeze instead of the howling winter winds we've had for the last couple of weeks.  So I took a drive and ended up on Warren Woods road, not too far outside of my little town, where I happened upon an abandoned farmhouse and barn that I'd never noticed before.  With the couple feet of snow I didn't venture off the road to get any good shots of the house or barn, but this old windmill was a perfect subject.  It also was a fitting symbol for the way this day made me feel, like a change is not far off and the wheels have already been set in motion.  I've been feeling this way for a while, but feeling a bit of spring on the wind magnified that feeling significantly.

Also as an aside, to those of you who've been looking at this blog somewhat regularly, I'm wondering if my photos have looked any different in the last few days.  I recently calibrated my computer screen so that I can more accurately prep photos for printing, and I'm worried now they will look horrible on other screens.  Any thoughts?  Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. I have not noticed any particular change in your always gorgeous photos.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just comparing yesterday's party photos to those from a few days earlier-- yesterday's have much better skin tones. could be lighting, or could be your calibration, or could be your white balance. but by no means horrible, and certainly not worth stressing about :) ALL screens are different, but usually not enough to be that much of a bother.

    and love the first windmill shot. so crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture of a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos look beautiful from here.

    Wonderful capture of both the windmill and the feelings.

    ReplyDelete