Friday, February 4, 2011

A day at the beach


Oh my lord, is it summer yet?!  I really don't know if I can take much more of this.  Believe it or not these photos were taken at Silver Beach in St. Joseph, Michigan.  But where is the lake, you say?  Good question!  I was hoping for a least a glimpse of open water when I went there today.  I wish I had a more powerful telephoto lens so I could have gotten a good shot of the ice on the pier at least, but maybe by next year I will.  Anyway, I am really looking forward to taking some much different photos in this spot in 6 months or so.

2 comments:

  1. I always like when February comes along, because I know that winter is more than half over! I grew up, and spent most of my life in Central NY and now living in Virginia I know that winters are much shorter. I do miss the snow though :)

    These are gorgeous pictures! I think people often forget how beautiful the beach can be in winter time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may be tired of winter (so am I) but these are BEautiful shots! I'm pretty sure that these are the first photos I have ever seen of a beach with snow cover. How can that even be?

    But, I do believe it is.

    Thank you for introducing this particular juxtaposition in such a memorable way.

    ReplyDelete