Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Nose in a book


Nothing too special tonight, Roger kept me up really late last night so I'm tired and grumpy and just want to get this over with so I can go to bed early (after watching the conclusion of the "Watson" special on Jeopardy of course, because I'm a total dork).  So here is a quick photo of yours truly pursuing her other goal for the year, to be better read.  I used to be the girl who always had her nose in a book, but since motherhood (and an unfortunate accumulation of library fees) I've fallen out of the habit and decided it was time to change that.  So I made good with the library and decided to start with a classic I had never read before, hence Moby Dick.  Which, I've been pleasantly surprised to find is really funny and insightful.  I did also start reading Toni Morrison's "Beloved" too, and the last few days have sort of forgoten about Moby Dick since I've gotten more into that story. 

Anyway, that's my night, got to go now, Watson time!

4 comments:

  1. You might think this is "nothing too special", but you just blew my mind apart a bit. A good friend of mine and I were just marveling over a very strange bit of synchronicity that we experienced over the past 24 hours wherein I read a passage in a book just before going to sleep last night which referenced 'Moby Dick' and then, my friend went searching through a massive movie collection on a whim to dig out 'Moby Dick', so that he could watch it last night. And, now here you are catching up on your reading!

    Life. What an interesting ride!

    So glad you followed your intuitive nudge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot! I'm in the same boat. I've been reading like crazy for that exact same reason. How much Facebooking do I really need? Just read Room, Half Broke Horses, and currently reading Ben Franklin's bio, why? Because I'm a dork, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, dorks unite!

    I've been dying to read "Room" ever since I heard an interview with the author on NPR. That probably makes me an even bigger dork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning, Meg ~:)

    Would you mind if I use this image for the March Mix-It-Up Madness? I don't see a specific one that you've opted to include, but I don't want to leave you out of what I'm working on.

    If you want to be included, I would love a larger file version of this shot. You can email me at: mishaandthebean(at)gmail(dot)com

    THANKS!

    :)

    ReplyDelete