Wednesday, February 16, 2011

46 degrees!





The weather was so gorgeous today we just had to try to enjoy it a bit, so Josie and I visited one of my favorite places this afternoon, Fernwood Botanical Gardens.  They had a train exhibit set up in the greenhouse; Josie seemed like she could have watched those trains all day.  Then we went for a walk on the grounds, at least in the places that were shoveled, because even though the temperature has been above freezing during the day for the last 5 days or so, there is still at least a foot of snow on the ground.  It was so interesting to see people walking their dogs in their shorts and tee shirts today next to huge snow drifts; we are all so eager for spring!

I have a ton of shots, but these few were my favorites (well three of them were my favorites, Josie cast her vote for the train picture so I included it).  I think I'm turning Josie into a model, today in the greenhouse she said, "Mommy, do you want to take my picture for your blog?"  I almost died laughing, but then said yes, and she proceeded to pose herself on a rock ledge.  Suppose this was bound to happen, not sure why I'm surprised!  At least she wont suffer from my severe camera-shyness.

2 comments:

  1. My children love being in front of the lens, too. I suppose it comes with the territory: they've had us take their photos so many times and then have witnessed our joy in looking at the photos. Win - Win, right? :)

    I love her poses. She seems to have a real knack for elicited emotion.

    These photos are beautiful! Please thank her for insisting that the train be included. It reminds me of Mr. Rogers and when the trolley would arrive, my very favorite part of the show ~ oh, so very long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to be "eliciting emotion" ~ *rolls eyes at tired self*

    :)

    ReplyDelete