Monday, April 11, 2011

Seedling update



Hello all, and thank you for your well-wishes for Josie, she's still not doing great, can't hold anything down.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  Since I'm on my way to bed to get some much needed rest, I thought an easy subject for tonight would be my little seedlings.  They are doing pretty well, the tomatoes, peppers, basil, and thyme have all sprouted, the one pictured at the top is tomato.  Now I have figure out where I'm going to put all these things outside, there is only a few more weeks until the frost free date!  

3 comments:

  1. A doctor, years and years ago, told my nephew's mom to give him liquid jello when he wasn't keeping anything down. Just to make some jello and right away give him some in a cup to drink. It worked! I haven't got a clue why or how, but it did. I've done it with my own daughters and I'd say it worked for them around 70% of the time (the other 30 it came right back so be prepared). I'm no doctor or anything. Obviously anything you give, or don't give your little girl is totally up to you. But I just wanted to pass that along.
    It is tough when Mommy can't make everything all better with just a kiss and a bandaid.

    Your garden is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ange, I'll have to raid my cupboards and see if we have any Jell-o (isn't there always one dusty box in the back of everyone's cupboards?). I'm willing to try anything, the poor thing keeps telling me she is hungry but can't even handle saltines at the moment. The doctor told me not to worry about food as long as she is drinking, but my mommy instincts can't take my child asking for food and not being able to give her anything. She's doing slightly better today, she did manage to keep a couple of crackers down this afternoon (so far), so hopefully we are coming out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fingers are crossed for both of you. (I have a feeling that this is affecting you more than her!) Jell-o is a lunchbag staple for both girls AND their Dad. I make it at least twice a week. If I could hand you a box I would!

    ReplyDelete