Sunday, April 3, 2011

Kale and radishes



I've been reading some books on nutrition lately, one in particular that I'm finding very interesting is "Superfoods" by Steven Pratt and Kathy Matthews.  I'm not even halfway through it, so I won't comment too much on a subject I still feel very uninformed about, but I'm starting to look at food differently and have been keeping more veggies in the house, including these beautiful examples above.  I've thought kale was gorgeous since I started buying it a couple of months ago (I'd never tried it before then) and these little radishes seemed like a good photo partner for it.  I didn't have great light, and I had to keep fighting Josie off the radishes (her: "But I like radishes like Peter Rabbit!"), but I don't think these shots are half-bad.  Photographing food always makes me want to write a cookbook, maybe I'm crazy but that always sounded like fun to me.

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes pretend I'm hosting my own cooking show:) Kale rules. I like it in soups, sauteed, and want to try kale chips. Radishes I need more help with recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently started cooking collards...will have to try my hand at kale! And, radishes have never looked prettier than they do in these pictures!

    ReplyDelete