Saturday, May 7, 2011

The photographers



My new lens has spark a renewed interest in me to promote our "company" Fairweather Photography.  So today I drug my husband out to Fernwood and we took portraits of each other for the bio section of our website (labeled "the photographers").  Now I just have to write the bios (ugh, not looking forward to that).  Anyway, here are the shots we decided to use, mine of him and his of me.  Now I just have to figure out some advertising, we've really only been word of mouth so far; the few clients we've had have referred us to others.  I'd love to be able to turn this photography thing into a real income someday (right now the work we get is just going to pay for the equipment we have), but I'm not sure I've got much of a head for business.  Tried craigslist, which was pretty much just a spam invitation.  Made some business cards and fliers to pass around, but that hasn't helped much.  Any suggestions?  Are any of you reading this doing photography for a living?

1 comment:

  1. I would also like to make a living at photography. Besides opening an Etsy shop, I'm thinking farmer's market sales, word of mouth, Open House with friends during the holidays and drawing up a business plan. I think the more defined my audience, the more focused my efforts will be with better results. Still in this process myself. Keep on keeping on ;)

    ReplyDelete