Thursday, May 5, 2011

Christmas in May


My crazy, wonderful husband surprised me today with a new lens!  I'd been looking at lenses for the last couple of months (well, drooling over them is probably more accurate) in anticipation of the upcoming portrait season, but we had decided that we really needed to wait and save up.  Unbeknownst to me, he had decided that (thanks to Amazon and free financing) that we might as well get it now so I'd have it for the portrait season, not after it was over.  Hopefully we'll have enough jobs in the next six months...

Ah, I can't bring myself to worry about it right now, I'm just excited about my awesome new lens!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I just started keeping a daily blog and I was going through the "365 Make Something Every Day and Change Your Life" and saw your profile from 1/29... you said "So if I stick with this and finish I think it will profoundly change the way I feel about what I'm capable of." I checked out your blog (awesome!) and as someone who wants to "stick with" something for more than a short while as well, I wanted to say that I was so happy to see you were still going strong. =)

    Also - sweet lens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kara, and welcome to the 365 club! I’m glad I’m still at it too, it still surprises me sometimes. You know, when I wrote that bit about how this will “profoundly change” me, I don’t think I really believed it. Thought the whole “make something everyday for a year and change your life” was a bit of a dramatic overstatement. But I was wrong. I’ve been very surprised by just how much differently I feel about my own work and about projects I’d like to take on in the future. Everything just seems much more possible now.

    I checked out your blog too, very nice! I’d love to try a drawing challenge sometime. I like you post about the “pop-tart generation”, sadly seems to fit us pretty well! At least your post helped me be more aware of that tendency to expect immediate results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: Also, my goal is to read one or more inspiring Etsy story a day, Quit Your Day Job or Featured Seller Story to remind myself, it is possible for me too!
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete