Saturday, June 11, 2011

Reading list


So these are all the books I am reading right now.  I am showing you these not to brag, but to point out how crazy I am (and let's be honest, because it was an easy photo).  I am usually the type to have two or three books going at once, but several factors combined to somehow get me reading all of these at once.  Two of the yoga books are required for my training and just came in the other day, so I thought it a good idea to start those (I'm actually still waiting on three more to come in for my class, and am very annoyed at Amazon and the USPS that they are not here yet).  One of the other yoga books is mine I'm rereading just because it is lovely and the last one was given to me by a friend a few weeks ago.  Harry Potter is in this stack because I am rereading the whole series in order again (I do this periodically because it is my utmost wish that my letter from Hogwarts will come any day now with sincere apologies that it is 16 years late).  Dune I picked up yesterday at the library, along with the Hitchhikers Guide, intending to keep them around to read during lunch breaks from yoga class for a sci-fi escape, but couldn't help myself starting them right away.  And lastly, I found miss Bridget Jones at my father-in-laws house yesterday as I was helping them pack up their house to move and brought it home for a bit of good fluff reading, which I started reading while eating pancakes this morning.  I can just imagine the dreams I'm going to have tonight after reading a bit of each of these today: Bridget Jones obsessing over whether Harry Potter will send her an owl or not to invite her to dinner at the restaurant at the end of the universe, were they will run into a mentat meditating on the sutras in a perfect lotus posture with his handy towel close by.

5 comments:

  1. You'd fit right in with the girls in this house for your Harry Potter worship! My now 13 year old was very disappointed when she didn't get a letter from Hogwarts two years ago. And I always get a horrified gasp, followed by "you take that back!!" whenever I mention that Harry Potter isn't real. (so of course, I do it often!!)
    My oldest often has several books on the go too. I don't understand how you two can keep track of what you are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how we 365ers criss-cross from time to time. I just posted a similar pic. And I swear that I hadn't seen yours yet, not that it matters one way or the other.

    I usually read more than one book at a time. There is just too much in this world to read to keep it to one! Lately, it's one parenting book, to help keep me grounded and moving forward as a parent, and some light-ish fiction for a break from the real world. I have the Iyengar book... I think I had to buy it for a college yoga class? I still refer to it periodically. Love Hitchhikers, and Dune (that's the first one right? read a few in the series and lost interest two or three books in), and I am a BIG fan of Bridget Jones as light reading for real modern women. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ange, tell your girls I'm horrified too, and I will come rescue them on my hippogriff and we'll all go to the Three Broomsticks for a butterbeer!

    I think we are all linked in or something now Johannah, that is funny about your picture. Dune is the first one in the series, I like it so far but we'll see how it goes. I find Bridget Jones really addictive and the the perfect thing to read when I just need a break from whatever is going on. Glad to know I'm not the only one who enjoys the book equivilant of a chick flick now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha!
    Don't get me wrong! I love Harry Potter.

    You aren't the only one who like 'chick flick' books. I love the shopaholic books. I don't think that there is anything intellectual in those.... I may have to borrow Bridget jones from the library. I haven't even seen the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just told my youngest about this conversation and she says that you are her new favourite person!
    Hahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete