Thursday, June 9, 2011

Half moon


Tonight at yoga we did a pose we don't do very often called "half moon" and while on the way home I happened to notice we had an actual half moon (or close) tonight, so it seemed a good subject.  Actually, I really suck at half moon pose, it requires a good bit of balance which doesn't come easily for me.  It was good practice though, as this Sunday I start my yoga teacher training, and I'm sure I will be challenged to do all sorts of things I don't normally do and potentially fail miserably at them the first few times.  One of the things I love about yoga is that there is no pressure to do more than you're ready for.  And I've never been competitive (even with myself) so that suits me just fine.  I may be a bit nervous of what I might be asked to do over this training (I'm not too excited to try handstand, I've been avoiding that pose) but I'm not scared of failing.  Which is nice.

1 comment:

  1. That is a gorgeous photo.

    You have a great attitude, you'll do great. :)

    ReplyDelete